I was nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award by 14 Weeks Worth of Socks. Thank you so much! It means a lot to me that other bloggers have been so welcoming to me as I join the WordPress community.
Take a moment to check out her blog about travel. She’s also got a really interesting project that shares her grandfather’s World War II diary and photographs.
- Show the award on your blog.
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Share 7 facts about yourself.
- Nominate 15 blogs.
- Link your nominees’ blogs and let them know that they’ve been nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award.
- I was born on a naval base in the Philippines. By my 18th birthday I had to submit paperwork renouncing citizenship there in case mandatory military service was implemented.
- It makes me sad that I may never be able to visit my birthplace. The country has been volatile for so long; right now it’s under a U.S. State Department travel warning due to terrorist and insurgent activities.
- I tried to learn to play the flute when I was young but could never manage to make a sound. Not once. I blame my childhood overbite.
- I’ve played every position on the soccer field, but only one made me cry. Goalie. You have to have nerves of steel to play that position and not let it get to you.
- I love to read and own a ridiculous number of books, mostly fiction, both adult and youth.
- Combine this with my freakish fixation on grammar/punctuation and I think I’d make a fantastic proofreader for a publishing company. (Except for the fact that nonfiction puts me to sleep, so I’d probably only be great at fiction.)
- You pretty much always feel like an outsider when you’re a military brat. The only time I’ve ever truly felt like I was surrounded by My People was when we visited Italy. Dark hair, olive skin, the cadence of the language…it felt like home.
I nominate the following blogs:
- A Scripted Maze
- Goodnight Already
- Random Writings on the Bathroom Wall
- Slightly Imperfect
- of means and ends
- The Captain’s Speech
- Tenure, She Wrote
- Quirks in the Classroom
- Olivia A. Cole
- I Am Begging My Mother Not To Read This Blog
- Abby Has Issues
- Raising My Rainbow
Each of you can choose whether or not to accept your Versatile Blogger Award. Please know that I selected these blogs based on their unique voice, perspective, honesty, and bravery. Thank you for the writing you’ve given us so far and for everything yet to come.