This weekend brought with it some very exciting news. I’m extremely honored to have been nominated for my second Liebster Award by Jarrod at A Fresh Voice. Thank you so much for the nomination! Jarrod has an interesting perspective with an honest voice – drop by his blog and check out his work. A couple of my favorites are The Danger of Being Colorblind and Somewhere in the Middle of Vanilla and Chocolate.
- Write a post thanking and linking the person who nominated you for the Liebster Award. Include the Liebster Award sticker in your post or on your blog.
- Nominate 5-10 other bloggers for the award and notify them in one of their posts.
- All nominated bloggers are to have less than 200 followers.
- Answer the 10 questions posed by your nominator.
- Create 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
- Copy these rules into your post.
Questions given to me by A Fresh Voice:
- What’s your favorite song? This one’s a tie between “Meet Virginia” by Train and “Hallelujah” by Leonard Cohen.
- Have you ever visited another country? If so, then where? BrightSide and I are very lucky – part of his job compensation is travel, so we’ve been able to visit amazing places. A few of my favorite trips have been to Italy, France, and Hawaii (not technically another country, but those have been some beautiful trips).
- If you could live anywhere on Earth, then where would you live? If we were going completely off the grid – Kauai. (It’s gorgeous with wonderful weather and a laid back pace.) If we were staying stateside – Coronado, CA. (For all the same reasons.) Locally – I’d love to live at the lake house. (Peaceful, quiet, and close to family.)
- What’s your favorite food? Tortilla chips with homemade salsa.
- What’s your favorite blog that you’ve written? Whoa, tough question! But one that really makes me laugh is GIRL DRAMA.
- What’s your favorite book? Just ONE? There are literally HUNDREDS of books in this house, and that doesn’t count the ones I’ve read from the library! So we’re gonna have to go with subcategories. Youth fiction: Lois Lowry’s The Giver quartet. Adult fiction: Jodi Piccoult’s Nineteen Minutes, My Sister’s Keeper, and Handle with Care. Adult non-fiction: The Conscious Parent: Transforming Ourselves, Empowering Our Children by Dr. Shefali.
- If there was a movie about your life, then who would you want to direct it? Aaron Sorkin. I can’t imagine anyone else who could capture my breakneck neuron-firing.
- A follow-up – what actor would you pick to play you? Tina Fey.
- Sky Diving, Cliff Jumping, Squirrel Suit – Which one would you pick and why? Well, duh…SQUIRREL SUIT. Anyone who’s followed my One-and-Done posts knows that Sky Diving and Cliff Jumping would only occur in my life if they involved a large man chasing me with a gun. ‘Nuff said.
- What’s your favorite TV show? The Blacklist.
I nominate the following blogs. Please take time to stop by and check out their work:
- black dog photography
- Neil Torr Photography
- What makes a Real family?
(This nomination is a compliment for these talented bloggers. Participation is entirely voluntary.)
Here are your questions:
- If you could choose to take a college class purely for pleasure, what would it be?
- Why did you become a blogger?
- What’s the last guilty pleasure you indulged?
- Spring, summer, fall, or winter – which is your favorite and why?
- You unexpectedly get five hours of downtime, no strings attached. What do you do with it?
- What was your first paying job? Were you good at it?
- You have one million dollars you must donate but you can only give it to a single organization. What cause do you choose to support? Why?
- What made you self-conscious as a child?
- Do you enjoy traveling? Why or why not?
- What’s your morning routine? What is the one part of that routine you could never give up?
Thanks again, Jarrod, for the nomination. I hope all of you visit his blog as well as those of my nominees – there are some real treasures out there.