Just look at this face. Sweet and fluffy and innocent. That big happy smile, sparkling eyes, “I’m ready to play” stance…who knew she’d grow up to be such a holy terror?
I’m keeping tabs on the paths of destruction Gracie wreaks in our home. I’ve found it to be extremely therapeutic so far – after pulling yet another half chewed item out of her mouth or cleaning up the debris strewn across the carpet, reaching for my phone to add to her list keeps me from beating the dog senseless. I figure that’s got to be a good thing.
Gracie’s running tally last week:
- chewed up black and white chevron design stylus (prompting Bear’s tearful breakdown over the dog who “always eats my things!”)
- consumed an entire bag of Stauffer’s chocolate animal crackers (resulting in an afternoon eating grass in the backyard and an evening looking miserable)
- a chewed up, partially eaten kitchen sponge she snatched off the counter and scattered across the family room rug
- gnawed on red stylus stolen from the technology box
- partially chewed Post-It with notes about T-man’s science fair project
- everything from tissues to floss to hair in Gracie’s attack on my bathroom trash can
- black ball point pen, crunched up into three pieces (two of which had to be shaken from the depths of her mouth mid-crunch)
My running mantra with this dog: patience is a virtue, patience is a virtue, patience is a virtue!!!