Thursday brought an inspiring lift when I learned that I’d been nominated for The Happiness Tag by my fabulously creative blogger friend Tonya from Fourth Generation Farmgirl. Tonya paid me a lovely compliment when she said that my posts make her smile. What a wonderful thing to say to another writer. Thank you so much for your kind words.
Here are the rules.
- Five things that make you happy.
- Five songs that make you happy.
- Five bloggers that make you happy and notify them of the nomination.
Here are five things that make me happy:
- Lazy days filled with naps, a good book, my coloring, and endless dog snuggles.
- Watching T-man and Bear in the pool – they are pure joy, filled with uncontrollable giggles, playing endless games born from childhood creativity.
- Holding BrightSide’s hand, feeling his warmth and strength spread through my fingers.
- When a really great piece of writing just flows, pouring out of me like warm honey.
- And, at opposite ends of the spectrum: red toenails and flip flops/jeans and fabulous boots.
And five songs that make me happy:
- “I’m Yours” by Jason Mraz (this tune always gets me singing)
- “Sugar” by Maroon 5 (best video ever)
- “Brown Eyed Girl” by Van Morrison (a long time favorite of mine)
- “It’s The End Of The World” by R.E.M (best “jam along when you can’t possibly know all the lyrics” song)
- “Meet Virginia” by Train (this was playing on the radio on one of the few occasions I refused to change the station for the kids)
I’ve discovered some incredible blogs over the last few years. Writers who create an escape with their brilliant words. Who make me laugh even on the toughest of days. Here are five bloggers whose posts always touch me:
Herding Chickens and Other Adventures in Foster and Adoptive Care – A refreshingly honest look at the very real challenges in adoptive families.
Coach Daddy – Eli’s amusing take on life, parenthood, coaching, and the universe at large.
Almost Farmgirl – Talk about someone with a positive outlook on life! I love reading about ranch life, llamas, and all the rest.
All In A Dad’s Work – Eric (aka Stomperdad) shares snippets of life with his two boys. Their answers to his questions are always entertaining.
A Thomas Point Of View – Straight talk about life, love, motherhood, and coparenting after divorce.
I’m grateful to have found each of these talented people in our blogosphere…visit their blogs to check out their perspectives for yourself.