“The point is moot.”
I can’t remember the first time I uttered this sentence, but I do remember being surprised when “moot” popped out. Not just because it’s a super funny sounding word – moooooooT – but because it rolled off my tongue like I used it all the time. I must have been studying it in English class or something.
At any rate, I thought this week I might stream out some situations in which the point is, indeed, moot. Feel free to add your own in the comments.
- When Louboutins are half price. (Speaking for myself, that is.)
- When the baby finally settles down after already waking the entire household.
- A hairbrush shortage among bald men.
- Perfectly roasted potatoes and steamed vegetables when your steak is beyond well done and into shoe leather territory.
- Anticavity toothpaste followed by a sugar binge before bed.
- Fuzzy socks when it’s twenty below. Nothing helps that kind of mess.
- Three bestsellers to read with zero free time.
- Cramming all night only to have school called for a snow day.
Linda’s weekly Stream of Consciousness prompt is open to one and all. Click the link to check out its rules and participating blogs. This week’s prompt is “moot.”