BrightSide: Why is this called 5 from my Tribe?
BrightSide: Why don’t we do four questions? There’s four of us –
T-man: That’s what I was wondering!
me: You would bring that up.
Bear: Dad! Because five rhymes with tribe!
BrightSide: Five, tribe – well, it’s a slant rhyme…
Yep, we were off to a roaring start that night.
5 from my Tribe
What would your superpower be?
- Bear: Super strength. I like to be strong.
- BrightSide: Invisibility.
- T-man: Flying.
- me: Super speed.
- BrightSide: Like Flash?
- Bear: I woulda thought you’d be Elastigirl.
- me: Nope. Like Flash.
I love to learn about _____.
- T-man: Math.
- Bear: The 1800s.
- BrightSide: I like learning about people.
- Bear: What kinds of people? Smart people, dumb people?
- BrightSide: Just people that I can learn from. People of different faiths, people from different cultures…
- me: I like learning about animals.
Favorite book or movie.
- T-man: Middle School by James Patterson
- me: Right now, I guess my favorite book on the shelf is Love Warrior by Glennon Melton Doyle.
- Bear: The Hunger Games. Book and movie. I don’t like Catching Fire and the last one makes no sense.
- BrightSide: I have a lot but the one that comes to mind is How to be Rich by John Paul Getty.
- Bear: Mine’s fall because it’s pretty, and it’s not hot and it’s not cold.
- BrightSide: My entire life it’s always been summer’s my favorite, but I’m getting to where I think it’s spring.
- T-man: Spring.
- me: I’m torn evenly between spring and fall because they’re both…when things start turning green again and we start seeing color, I love that…and when it starts to change colors in the fall I like that, too. So I can’t pick, I get stuck between those two.
Name a kindness you saw, did, or received today.
- Bear: My kindness that I received was mom ’cause she’s, like, the only person I’ve actually been with today. But mom played a board game with me.
- BrightSide: Miss Phyllis shared her strawberries.
- T-man: I received strawberries from dad.
- me: I didn’t have to cook dinner tonight because BrightSide kindly brought some dinner home for us.