Not everyone’s a fan of rain. My kids surely aren’t – there’s no faster way to ruin a perfectly good day than to have droplets start falling from the sky.
But me? I love rain. Not so much cold, biting rain, or those days when I had to slosh across campus through a downpour…still, there’s a lot more beauty than bitter in the raindrops.
- We have a lot of natural light in our family room. (Seriously. A lot.) When rain clouds move across the sky the room dims, and suddenly it feels like a cozy cocoon.
- The steady sound of rain against our windows creates a perfect background for napping.
- Something about rain just makes me stop and take a breath. There’s no rushing about – games are cancelled, plans at home get rewritten – it’s like hitting reset.
- Misty rain is a refreshing spray against my face.
- Harder rain triggers giggle fits as Bear and I sprint to take cover. We almost always end up bent double, laughing at the madness of trying to duck raindrops.
- The rain brings the green…the green brings the smiles.
My post as part of Colline’s Gratitude Project.