1. 6:45pm practice Monday? I’ve got that, no problem.
2. Betcha I can even squeeze a dinner in there before the girl heads off to work out.
3. Game on Tuesday? Okay, yeah, I’ve got that. Pick up kiddo #1 after school, drop him at home, and get back in time for a 5:30 game. Maybe try to eat something in between. Cool beans.
4. This week the tradeoff for watching our girl play is volunteering for the boys’ game afterward. Piece of cake. Except she doesn’t drive yet and the hubby has a meeting so it’s looking like she might be sticking around for the varsity boys’ game, too.
5. Somehow I don’t think she’ll mind.
6. Appointment at 4pm Wednesday with a practice at 7:00, that sounds like a dream. Except for that thing I’ve got at 5:30pm and then there’s the 6pm band practice, which is impossible now even if I learn how to exist in multiple dimensions. Time to call in reinforcements.
7. But Thursday? Normal practice times, normal day. Looks like I can actually plan a dinner.
8. And then comes Friday. Friday brings an evening swim meet and a basketball game two hours away. Friday brings madness and travel and sports in different cities. Friday…well, Friday is a complete mystery at the moment but I’m sure it’ll be clear by the end of the week.
9. Friday will become my weekly promised land now that winter sports are underway. The light at the end of the tunnel, so to speak, as if our lives run on Amtrak’s schedule now.
10. And I guess that makes me the conductor on this particular crazy train. Wonder if that job comes with a hat.