1. Let me say right off the bat that those chocolate chip cookies I talked about making on Friday were a huge hit. HUGE. I’ve yet to swing and miss with recipes from the Divas Can Cook website.
2. Oh, and did I mention they’re gluten free? And that every single person in the house loves them? And that they’ve all begged me to make them again and again times forever without changing a single thing because they’re the most delicious cookies they’ve ever had? And that they’re GLUTEN FREE??
3. It’s an Easter miracle.
4. Less of an Easter miracle – but still pretty darn good – was the copycat Taco Bell red sauce I made to go on homemade Taco Bell bean burritos. They were seriously yummy.
5. I should probably be more disturbed that I spent time and brainpower recreating a Taco Bell menu item but whatever.
6. Unfortunately I was out of gluten free tortillas, said the hell with it, and spent hours the next day with an icky gluten-y headache hangover. Boo.
7. We enjoyed our traditional Easter meal of cajun fish and grits with a plate of chicken and green beans for the girl who won’t touch seafood with a ten foot pole.
8. Okay, maybe not traditional, try more like Easter meal comprised of food items we have in the house and is also super delicious because wouldn’t you know it came from Divas Can Cook, too.
9. Necessity is the mother of invention and all that jazz.
10. The kids are on spring break this week so hallelujah for sleeping in and no schoolwork. Whoop whoop!