1. Hey look, guys, it’s JULY. Where did the time go?
2. I seriously feel like it was just March and now here we are, staring smack dab at the middle of summer.
3. What the hell.
4. These kids should probably start their summer reading.
5. That sentence made me sniffle a little.
6. It’s not that summer reading is such a hardship, it’s just that I’m not ready to start my school thinking again.
7. And I’m not even one of these kids.
9. So yesterday’s tell-all post was about my daring snip snip.
10. I’m glad I did it but was plagued all day by the sense that something had gone sideways. I couldn’t quite put my finger on what was off, it just felt not-quite-right.
11. It wasn’t until dinnertime that I figured it out.
12. I seem to have snipped layers into my hair.
13. That would be impressive…if I’d intended to do it. I was mostly focused on keeping it even, it never occurred to me I’d do this.
14. But like I tell the girl, it’s just hair. It’ll grow back.
15. We’re heading into 4th of July weekend with, surprise surprise, next to no plans.
16. It’s cool, though. I don’t care for fireworks anyway.
17. Well, maybe I liked them as a kid, I don’t remember. I hate them now so corona restrictions aren’t a problem for me.
18. The teens aren’t quite as psyched but so it goes.
19. While I’m writing an alert popped up on my phone: “Confirmed coronavirus cases are rising in 40 of 50 states.”
20. I’m just gonna say it’s no wonder Europe doesn’t want us visiting. I wouldn’t want us either.
21. We’re in some sort of Mexican food marathon around here. Forgive me if I’ve dropped these links before. I don’t have it in me to troll old posts so repeats be damned.
22. I made some crock pot Mojo Chicken. It’s a big fav around here – I’ve even got a spare marinade in the fridge for the next time the urge strikes.
23. Also whipped up some Divas Guacamole that even Bear adores, and anything that encourages healthy snacking is a bonus.
24. You can’t have great guacamole without salsa that tastes like heaven. Seriously, no disrespect to Pace but once you’ve whipped up a homemade batch you’ll never go commercial again.
25. And you know that Shredded Mexican Beef I went on and on about? Yep, we made that one again last night and it’s just as scrum-diddly-umtious as I remembered.
26. I guess this streak explains my craving to try a new enchilada dip this weekend. I’ll let you know how that goes.
27. I’ve gotten back into these mandala coloring books. I dropped them for a while but lately I’ve needed something to slow me down. Something that quiets my mind.
28. Who would’ve thought gel pens and nature pages would do it but c’est la vie.
29. So I may have gotten myself in a wee bit over my head here. For reasons surpassing understanding I’ve agreed – sweet Jesus above – to do a couch to 5k program with Bear.
30. Let’s look at some of the reasons this might be – ahem- questionable.
31. I don’t run. Like, ever. I used to do sprints in high school but I’ve never been a long distance girl.
32. It’s summer. In North Carolina. Unless we’re getting up at 6am it’s going to be insanely hot and the only thing I hate more than the thought of running is the thought of sweating through my underwear while I try.
33. I’ve had exercised induced asthma so I’m not 100% sure I won’t end up doubled over gaping like a blowfish.
34. I don’t have great running shoes, but I don’t want to buy running shoes until I see how this goes so I might end up with shin splints from this nonsense.
35. Sweat in my eyes while glasses slip down my face.
36. Along with the very real possibility I’ll be trapped in my sports bra afterward.
37. Thoughts and prayers are appreciated during this extraordinarily questionable undertaking.
38. I am woman, hear me roar, and all that jazz.
39. Well, I’m off to bed with my fur babies. Time to dream the dreams of aspiring 5k runners.
40. Or maybe I’ll give couch potato Laura free reign for tonight.