I’ve been sitting on some big feelings lately. I read things, I hear things…I try to let them roll off my back but that’s never been my strong suit. They’re much more likely to lodge between my shoulder blades until I bend under the load.
Time to unburden a little.
You can hide in your basement like Biden but the rest of us aren’t scared.
- Taking precautions based on scientific recommendations about a global pandemic isn’t “hiding.”
- If you aren’t concerned about what this virus can do to you, your friends, your family, or your neighbors then you aren’t paying attention.
Society has to get back to normal. If the immunocompromised are worried then they should stay home.
- So listen. I’m not asking you to care deeply about me but you should know when you say that ⬆️ what I hear is I want to browse the outlets/get my hair done/have a coffee date/go to a basketball game so if you’re high risk then just stay in your house and let the rest of us live. Sorry not sorry but that’s a pretty shitty attitude.
- What are you looking for as “normal”? If you’re picturing crowded malls and happy hours then you might not have a handle on the arc of vaccine trials.
- It’s been clear from the beginning – decisions are driven by data. Our state began a phased reopening once certain numbers decreased. Summer came along, people got careless, so numbers went back up. Now they’re pissed because we’re not wide open and all I can say is buckle up buttercup, we’re heading into flu season, it’s pretty much downhill from here.
You’d think as a woman you’d be glad Trump nominated another woman for RBG’s seat.
- Not all women are feminists.
Covid, covid, covid. The only way they think they can win is by scaring you with covid nonstop. Losers. @realdonaldtrump
- First, sharing information about a deadly pandemic isn’t political maneuvering. Ideally the goal is to keep people healthy long enough to vote for whomever they choose. Seems like both candidates should want that.
- Second, you continuing to rant at your rallies that covid isn’t that big a deal is WHY we can’t get closer to normal. Hoax, live your life, wear a mask if you want but you don’t have to because whatever = lackadaisical MAGA attitudes about the virus, greater transmission rates, increased positive results and hospitalizations, ever increasing death count.
- Third, I know it’s been almost four years so we’ve all been desensitized but just a reminder that the president of the United States tweeting “Losers” like a high school bully is an embarrassment.
JOBS NOT MOBS!
- Full disclosure: I want to burn these signs every time I see one in a yard. Every.single.time. But because I am an adult with self-control I manage to refrain.
- We get the shorthand. You don’t like people protesting in the streets. You really don’t like when there’s property damage either involved in or adjacent to a protest. Losing a convenience store seems to be a big freaking deal to MAGAs and JOBS NOT MOBS is an easy dog whistle for “time to put those people back in their place.”
“Unborn Lives Matter”
- Okay, first let’s get this straight. You’re not pro life, you’re anti abortion. Big difference.
- Pro life would mean protecting lives from cradle to grave: Free and easily accessible pre- and post-natal care for parents and babies. Housing families who are homeless. Food programs to feed the hungry. Resources for families struggling to pay their bills. Healthcare that isn’t linked to employment. Free and accessible mental health services. Excellent educational resources in every community. Eliminating food deserts. Improving safety nets so our elderly don’t get lost in the system. Common sense gun control. Passing laws that protect the value of every human life, even ones you don’t personally believe in, because God made those people too.
- I’m also super unclear on how “pro life” people can support warehousing children and adults who came seeking asylum. Is their life somehow less worthy of protection because they weren’t born in America? Doesn’t vibe with the Christianity thing to me.
See? Told you I had some big feelings. Thanks for listening today. Getting these off my chest may help me get through the next week.