1. Turn around twice, wink, blink, rub your belly and BAM. It’s Monday again.
2. Sometimes it makes my brain hurt.
3. We’ve been having the discussion this weekend about whether Easter Monday is a thing.
4. The kids were surprised to learn they had one more day of spring break coming but words can’t express how grateful I am to have those last hours before diving back into the routine.
5. So of course I googled it and yes, Easter Monday’s a thing. (But I’m sure you already knew that.)
6. It’s a public holiday in some countries. Not in the U.S. but considering I’ve got something I really need to mail first thing that’s excellent news for me. UPS store, here I come.
7. Where is Easter Monday a holiday, you might be asking. So glad you did! That handy google came to the rescue again.
8. People celebrate it in Australia, Canada, Belgium, Croatia, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Sweden, and the United Kingdom among others.
9. If this doesn’t sound like a third grade class project I don’t know what does. Seems perfect for one of those giant poster boards, all the nations’ flags glued to it with facts about what they do in each country on Easter Monday. Shoot, there’s probably a song that could play in the background.
10. But not for us. Around here we’ll just keep munching on Easter candy and greatly appreciate the opportunity to sleep in.