1. Have you ever had so much stuff floating around your brain it’s impossible to sort out?
2. It’s like Whack-a-Mole. Every time I corral one thought another bounces into place.
3. Good times.
4. I stumbled across something I’d love you to see.
5. I had no idea anyone was studying political crowds but turns out the Radcliffe Institute at Harvard has been collecting data since 2017.
6. Check out their data on the Black Lives Matter uprisings. It’s eye-opening.
7. Okay, on to some foodie fun.
8. It’s been awhile — like, a long while — but I remember swooning the few times we ate at P.F. Chang’s.
9. That was yummy deliciousness with a not-so-pretty price tag.
10. Which means when I stumbled across a Copycat PF Chang’s Mongolian Beef I tucked it away with a hell yeah.
11. People, deliciousness doesn’t even begin to describe this dish. It’s, just…[chef’s kiss!]
12. If you’re not into beef I’m sure you could substitute chicken, pork, or shrimp.
13. I mentioned last week I’d be trying a Buffalo Chicken Quesadilla and holy cow, THAT thing was fantastic. There are a couple of website tips that knocked this out of the park.
14. I’ve tried a few different methods to cook chicken for Mexican dishes. So far I’d done best with Instant Pot chicken breasts for simple cooking and easy shredding.
15. But I’m a convert now that I’ve been introduced to Air Fryer Chicken Breasts.
16. I brushed them with a little avocado oil then seasoned them with garlic salt and pepper before air frying. Woo boy, talk about perfection! So moist and a cinch to shred.
17. I also gave her Homemade Ranch Dressing a shot. Is it overly dramatic to describe dipping ranch as transcendent? Because it was.
18. I made some regular quesadillas, too, but those buffalo chicken ones took top prize.
19. All of this was in my wheelhouse, but you know what I’ve never tried? Making refried beans.
20. How could that be, Laura? You cook Mexican food out the wazoo! I have no idea, people, but it’s been rectified.
21. If you don’t have a pressure cooker I’m genuinely sorry because these Instant Pot Refried Beans are indescribably good.
22. I’ve had exactly zero experience cooking this dish so I have no idea if making them with onion and jalapeño is typical but they’re heavenly.
23. And if you’d ever told me I’d describe refried beans as heavenly…well, there would have been riotous laughing involved.
24. Anyhoo, that made for a pretty delicious dinner.
25. I knew we’d have leftovers so I made taco meat the next night along with this Easy Mexican Rice.
26. Turns out it’s fantastic either as a side dish or in burritos. Win/win.
27. Are you tired of my Mexican food zeal yet?
28. I can work on tamping it down a bit but I don’t anticipate being real successful at that.
29. No word yet on our Gracie’s results. Waiting is not my strong suit.
30. And now, for no particular reason, I feel an urge to put some truths out into the universe.
31. Overrunning the Capitol armed with flagpoles, engaging in hand to hand combat with Capitol police, and hunting lawmakers while they’re trying to certify election results is a violent insurrection. Yes, even in America.
32. No amount of gaslighting will make me doubt what I witnessed that day.
33. Between November 2020 and January 20, 2021 every legal avenue was pursued to verify the integrity of our elections.
34. No amount of gaslighting will make me believe the down ticket races were valid while the presidency was stolen.
35. The sheer audacity of simultaneously spouting it may not be the Christian thing to say but we don’t owe them shelter and no you don’t get to make your own healthcare decisions BECAUSE THE BIBLE should embarrass people beyond reason.
36. All humans deserve dignity.
37. Healthcare is a human right.
38. MLK said both “I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.” and “Those who hope that the Negro needed to blow off steam and will now be content will have a rude awakening if the nation returns to business as usual. And there will be neither rest nor tranquility in America until the Negro is granted his citizenship rights. The whirlwinds of revolt will continue to shake the foundations of our nation until the bright day of justice emerges.” Pulling palatable quotes that fail to convey MLK’s true message does him a grave disservice.
39. I am responsible for my own feelings.
40. I know Fridays can be a mixed bag. Thanks for reading along. Feel free to share your perspective in the comments.