1. Let’s kick this Friday off with food, shall we? We shall.
2. I think I’ve mentioned we’re fans of these buttery Steak Bites. Simple. Delicious. So good.
3. That was pretty much the extent of my steak repertoire until I decided to try something with a distinctly different flair.
4. These Asian Steak Bites sounded like an interesting combo of tender steak with a honey-soy marinade.
5. It was. Interesting, and in the best kind of way.
6. I paired them with something else I’d never made before: a Simple Asian Rice.
7. Okay, so the steak bites were yummy, but the rice? The rice was divine.
8. It was sticky and savory and straight up fantastic.
9. I’m gonna have to find some more recipes to try just so this can be served on the side.
10. But now…and I really can’t hype this up enough…here comes the best of the lot.
11. Gluten free baking can be hit or miss. Often it’s a matter of good-enough instead of good-enough-to-make-me-cry.
12. But these Gluten Free Lemon Bars definitely fall under the latter.
13. Lemon bars are a weakness of mine. Having to pass them up over the last few years has been harsh, man.
14. So harsh I was willing to try making these even if they turned out godawful. WHICH THEY DIDN’T.
15. They’ve got a rich buttery crust with perfect lemon filling that’s [drool…].
16. Lots of things make this treat amazing but flour seems to be the secret ingredient.
17. Until now I’ve done all my gluten free cooking/baking with King Arthur’s Gluten-Free Measure for Measure flour.
18. It’s a been good substitute, but I decided to follow the recipe’s recommendation and use Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free 1 to 1 Baking Flour Blend.
19. Don’t ask me to explain the science of it. Something about it being a GF flour blend with an added binder, I dunno, BUT THAT CRUST. It made a huge difference.
20. Trust me. Surprise your friends (gluten free and otherwise) with these. They’ll be floored.
21. In a good way.
22. I’ve been thinking lately about how the blog’s evolved over time. It moves in and out of phases like the moon.
23. There’s a favorites tab for recipes but now that cooking has stepped front and center I’ll need something a lot more organized.
24. Sounds like a project to me. I’ll add that to my list.
25. We just finished The Proposal for the umpteenth time.
26. Do you have those movies you can watch over and over again? The Proposal is one of my favs.
27. It’s one long string of scenes that make me laugh ’til I cry. Good times.
28. Now I’ve got this stuck in my head: “Tell me you’ve seen a movie without telling me the name of the movie.”
29. “Why are you wet?!” “WHY ARE YOU NAKED??!!”
30. “On Wednesdays we wear pink.”
31. “Anybody want a peanut?”
32. “Exercise gives you endorphins. Endorphins make you happy. Happy people just don’t shoot their husbands, they just don’t.”
33. “One time, I stole red underwear from the department store. My mother wouldn’t buy them for me, she said they were Satan’s panties.”
34. “Kiki? Kiki-kins? Is that smoke? Is someone smoking within a six-mile radius of me? Have them put it out!”
35. “Oh, all right. Interesting stuff. So these carrots…” “Have been murdered, yes.”
36. “Miss Truvy, I promise that my personal tragedy will not interfere with my ability to do good hair.”
37. “Wakanda forever!”
38. “Where… is… my… super… SUIT?!”
39. “My mama says that stupid is as stupid does.”
40. “You want a revolution? I want a revelation! So listen to my declaration!”