1. There’s a whole lot going on in the world right now. It’s making it hard to zero in on a place to start.
2. How about the horse and cattle drug story?
3. “Taking a drug meant for horses and cattle to prevent or treat COVID-19 is dangerous and could be fatal, the U.S Food and Drug Administration warns.”
4. Seriously? Who could possibly need to hear that warning??
5. Then again there was the whole let’s explore ingesting bleach fiasco so I shouldn’t be shocked.
6. I’m gonna go out on a limb here and say don’t take drugs designed for large veterinary animals. It’s a bad idea.
7. Someone on the FDA’s media team took a shorthand approach.
8. Sorry, not sorry, that made me laugh.
9. Afghanistan’s dominating the news, too.
10. They’ve evacuated more than 101,000 people since the end of July, a number that’s mind boggling to me. Mind.boggling.
11. Then the bombs went off yesterday and an already terrifying situation became worse.
12. That’s all I want to say on this particular topic because it’s late and I can’t even begin to clearly break down my thoughts.
13. Mia’s currently hunting a flying critter.
14. Sometimes things sneak in when we’re letting the dogs out at night. Drawn to the lights, I’d imagine.
15. Then Mia manifests her Huntress Glory.
16. I just realized these pics are all snoozy and relaxed looking but trust, she is fierce when it comes to smacking crap out of the air.
17. Seven makes a show of the chase but in the end he flits sideways like a big old scaredy cat.
18. Bwahahahaha! Scaredy cat.
19. I finally finished putting away the groceries from Wednesday so that’s a win.
20. I also managed to finish washing a pile of sheets and towels.
21. Folding? Not so much, but there’s always tomorrow.
22. Until you ask me tomorrow if I want to fold six sets of sheets and a stack of towels…
23. This week I ran into someone else sporting a knee brace. He’d torn his meniscus too, and his advice was to do my PT exercises on both legs.
24. Turns out he’d previously torn the other knee’s meniscus and now BOOM, knee #2. Made me think twice, that’s for sure.
25. Cut to me doing PT exercises on both legs yesterday and let me just say — and I cannot emphasize this enough — it completely sucked.
26. I’ve struggled with these exercises but somehow feeling how much stronger my left leg is made the pain in my right one worse.
28. And now Mia’s draped across the back of an armchair, snoozing precariously after wearing herself out chasing that bug.
29. Did she catch it? Who knows, all I know is she looks happy as a clam. If I can compare our cat to a clam.
30. I’ve got seafood on the brain. I made fish and grits last night.
31. It’s been a while and I’d forgotten how much I adore those cheesy buttery grits. A dash of hot sauce tips them over the top. Mmm.
32. Okay, fine, the fish was good too.
33. I like to keep a rotation on the calendar: some meals are light and heart healthy, others have butter and half and half.
34. Life takes balance, am I right?
35. Don’t really feel like tackling the Supreme Court since they’re dropping decisions that piss me off.
36. MSNBC did an interview with the Capitol police officer who shot Ashli Babbitt on January 6th. It’s eye opening.
37. I think if there’s one thing we can agree on it’s that Blue Lives Matter wasn’t anywhere close to the Capitol that day.
38. I can tell I’m sick of summer heat; I’ve started dreaming of soup days again.
39. There is seriously nothing like a good soup. There’s also nothing like the time it takes to make a good soup but it’s totally worth it.
40. Guess now I just have to hold on until North Carolina decides to drop below seventy degrees. Happy Friday, everybody!