1. I have big, big feelings.
2. Dammit, Texas. DAMMIT.
3. I’ll entertain respectful conversation in the comments but cannot for the life of me understand why there isn’t an unanimous uproar over this state doing an end run around Roe v. Wade.
4. The 1973 Supreme Court decision ruled the U.S. Constitution protects a pregnant woman’s liberty to choose to have an abortion without excessive government restriction.
5. I cannot do a deep dive into the bill itself without inducing an aneurism so I’ll just say this. We freaking said this was coming.
6. Decades of laws chipping away at Roe’s assumptions and values.
Pushing “fetal personhood” as a national norm.
Arguing that abortion made women sicker.
Getting rid of viability as a legal standard.
7. Obama’s court nominees blocked by Mitch McConnell.
8. Followed by court packing at every level during Trump’s administration, including a Supreme Court justice confirmed after voting had already begun in the 2020 election.
9. People have been sounding the alarm for years. Goodbye freedom, hello Gilead.
10. You’re being paranoid, they said. Stop acting like the sky is falling.
11. They just deputized the entire state of Texas to sue people for giving someone a ride to the clinic.
12. FOR A BOUNTY.
13. And now Texans can carry handguns without a license or training.
14. The sky has fallen.
15. Deep breaths, Laura.
16. This has been a rollercoaster week.
17. You know the kind: up is down, down is up, then you leave your lunch on the sidewalk afterward.
18. Good times.
19. These dogs are so tuckered right now. Gracie looks like she could sleep the whole weekend away.
20. Phoebe already is.
21. Mia is stalking the stray ladybug on our ceiling.
22. I don’t know what ladybugs eat but they linger here for days and days.
23. I don’t mind it. They don’t bother me and they’re an excellent workout for the huntress.
24. Although I gotta say watching her bounce around the other night was a riot.
25. Mostly the part where the ladybug landed on top of her paw and she flicked that thing like a spider was climbing up it.
26. Cue imaginary kitty voice. EEK! It touched me!!
27. I know, I amuse myself easily.
28. And now I’m staring at that sentence because the adverb’s out of place.
29. I easily amuse myself? Maybe.
30. I amuse easily myself? No, definitely not.
31. I still like the first one best.
32. Anyone else remember diagramming sentences in high school English? Those were fun.
33. Yes, that was sarcasm font.
34. Both kids have now tackled Lord of the Flies and it’s official. Nobody’s a fan.
35. I really don’t have a favorite book when it comes to the classics.
36. I won’t lie, I feel a little bad about that. As an English major it seems like I’m supposed to have one.
37. Looks like I can’t check off that box.
38. Okey dokey. Bygones.
39. So here we are, heading into a long holiday weekend.
40. If you live somewhere that recognizes Labor Day I hope you’re able to take some time to rest and rejuvenate. Happy Friday, everyone.