1. Sunday was soup day this weekend. I remember a time when that meant popping the top off a can but whatever, it can’t always be that easy.
2. Project one? Detox Chicken Soup.
3. It’s from the Clean Food Crush site so yep, it’s healthy. She describes it as a “great soup for cleansing your body, reducing water weight and inflammation too!”
4. In my younger days this description would have made me run far and fast but it’s actually a pretty tasty soup. And son of a gun if I don’t actually feel better after eating it, too.
5. Project two? Creamy Broccoli Cheddar Soup.
6. Certifiably not healthy. In any way. According to any definition.
7. The good news is we polished that one off so at least it was only a day of extraordinarily high fat but oh-so-yummy soup.
8. Which brings us to the glory of soup. Rachel has a whole bunch of thoughts here on why soup is great along with her favorite recipes. I’m a fan myself but the thing is homemade soup is a labor of love.
9. Everything from prep to cooking to cool time before soup can be stored and stocked in the fridge — well, you’re looking at a day’s worth of work for sure. It’s…a lot.
10. Then again, if you work it right at the end of the day you’ve got a stockpile of lunch and dinner options. I say soup for the win! If you’ve got your own favorites please share them in the comments; I’m always looking for new ones to try out.