Wanda at Cookies & Moo has graciously nominated me for a Liebster award which is like getting a big old blogger hug. Thank you, Wanda! How cool to find another North Carolina blogger who loves both the beach and cows.
Without further ado, here are my answers for Wanda’s questions.
1. Who is your favorite author? I’d have to say Jodi Piccoult. It’s not a very la-dee-dah, I-was-an-English-major answer but she makes me think, smile, laugh, cry, and read deep into the night. That earns her the favorite author title in my book. (get it?)
2. Did you go to college? If so where? The University of Virginia. They have a kick ass education school, one that offers a five year program so I could earn a bachelor’s and master’s degree in one fell swoop.
3. What is your favorite food? Man, this used to be such an easy question. Pizza, hands down. But that was my old life, pre certain-food-makes-me-feel-like-crap-so-I’d-better-stop-eating-it. So what’s my favorite food now? Probably paleo stir fry.
4. Have you traveled outside your country (if so where)? I’ve been blessed to travel with my husband. These are some of the incredible places we’ve visited: Hawaii (yes, I know, it’s technically still “our country” but that flight time, yikes), Mexico, Paris, Rome, Florence, Spain, Turks and Caicos, Grand Cayman, and St. Lucia.
5. Who is your favorite band, musical artist, or recording star? Hmm…this depends on my mood. I’m listening to a lot of alternative rock right now (“Alexa, play Imagine Dragons station”). As for musicians I’ve loved for a long time? R.E.M., The Smiths, The Cure, and Pink.
6. What was your favorite subject in school? I’ve always answered “English” because duh, English major, but as I sit here I’ve had some sort of revelation. What I loved most about English class was the writing component, so my favorite subject is actually creative writing.
7. Do you like to cook, bake? I have to admit that I’ve fallen away from baking since I can’t eat that stuff anymore. I used to love baking cookies, brownies, cakes…pretty much anything sweet. I’m more into cooking these days.
8. What is the goal of your blog? Oomph. (That was the sound of all the air leaving my body.) First things first – RFTM is my writing outlet, so I suppose its primary goal is to fulfill my writer’s itch. But if you’re asking what do I want RFTM to do then that would be make a genuine connection with readers through entertaining, thought provoking, informative, and inspiring writing. Plus photography. Can’t forget my photography.
9. Beach or Mountains? Beach.
10. Chocolate or Vanilla? Both.
11. What is your favorite saying? I just asked BrightSide if I have any favorite sayings and he slowly raised his middle finger. He’s right – flipping the hubby off seems to work in a wide variety of situations around here.
Here are the rules:
- If you’ve been nominated and you choose to accept it, write a blog post about the Liebster award.
- Acknowledge the blogger who nominated you.
- Answer the 11 questions your nominator asked.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers.
- Ask them 11 questions.
- Let them know you have nominated them.
The blogs I nominate are:
6. Geek Mamas
10. Adventure Bound
Here are your 11 questions from RFTM:
1. Would you change your middle name? Why/why not?
2. What’s your favorite kind of Saturday?
3. Who was the last person you spoke with on the phone?
4. Cat, dog, bird, reptile, or other?
5. Item of clothing you’ve owned the longest.
6. How did you pick your blog name?
7. Introvert, extrovert, or combination?
8. Do you use social media? Why/why not?
9. Right- or left-handed?
10. What’s something interesting you’ve seen while away from home?
11. What was the most unusual thing that happened to you this week?